Everything You Need to Know You Can Learn in Kindergarten!

Come join our class of kindergarteners as we learn to work together, grow into voracious readers, become authors of our own original stories, and feed our natural curiosity about the world by developing as scientists.
Cancel



Monday, April 2, 2012

Kindergarten's Got Something to Crow About



Some of my class with our scarecrow bulletin board


Back in October my partner did a great directed drawing with her class. I thought they were so cute, I did it with my class as well. We drew scarecrows. The directed drawing took one to two 15 minute lessons. Then came some teacher prep -- in front of the TV that night I traced the students' scarecrows exactly as they drew them onto fuzzy colored paper. Over the next two days the class used oil pastels to color their scarecrow and add crows and other finishing touches with a black oil pastel. On a separate day they wrote about their art. The project got such rave reviews, we displayed them in the office. No one could believe that kindergarteners were capable of such awesome art! But its all them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. Please be patient as I approve all comments before posting them.